Erik K. Martin
Mr. Martin is the founding attorney of Martin Lawyers, PLLC. After law school, Mr. Martin worked for the international law firm of Haynes and Boone, LLP, where he worked with world-class attorneys and gained invaluable experience in a wide variety of matters, from litigation in federal and state courts, to helping entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground, to everything in between. In 2014, Mr. Martin was recognized by the Pro Bono College of Texas for his work with a small team of lawyers that successfully defended a Democratic Republic of Congo refugee from deportation by the Federal Immigration Department.
Since leaving Haynes and Boone, Mr. Martin has focused his practice on Oil and Gas Law, becoming Board Certified in 2015, and on Probate and Estate Law, which includes drafting Last Wills and Testaments, representing families in Will contests, and settling disputed Estates.
- Baylor University School of Law, cum laude (2007)
- University of Texas at Austin (2004)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- UT Rugby Club (2001-2004)
- Oil, Gas and Energy Law
- Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Law
- Business Formation and Business Litigation
- Non-Profit Formation and Governance
Memberships, Honors and Awards
- Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (2015)
- Non-Profit Board of Directors: Fort Worth Rugby Academy and Youth Serve NTX
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas (2014)
- Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star (2015, 2018-2020)